- Traditional Physician Job
Innovative Open Access Psychiatrist Position
Zucker Hillside Hospital – the flagship behavioral health treatment center for Northwell Health -- is seeking motivated psychiatrists to provide clinical care in an exciting new open access (‘walk-in’) center slated to launch in spring of 2017. This innovative urgent-care model represents a new level of care for the region, facilitating the timely evaluation of new outpatients who present with clinical needs that require more rapid or frequent follow-up than patients in a traditional clinic. This new care model aims to stabilize patients in crisis who do not require an emergency room, as well as broaden the access of our community to behavioral health services in a way that is flexible and meets the needs of our community.
Who we are:
- A continuum of care with an 80-year tradition of pioneering clinical, teaching and research programs that improve the care and the lives or our patients
- A 234-bed inpatient service with specialty units for mood disorders, early-phase psychotic disorders, women's mental health, college students, and geriatric patients
- An outpatient provider to thousands of patients, with programs that cover the gamut of evidence-based treatment for mental illness, including specialty clinics that focus on college mental health, perinatal psychiatry, substance use disorders and others
- A training center for psychiatrists, psychiatric specialists, psychologists, social workers and nurses
Whom we seek:
- Energetic, innovatively-minded psychiatrists who want to get in on the ground floor of a new clinical service
- Psychiatrists who enjoy a fast-paced environment, involving different types of patients
- Someone with an interest in team-based care, including supervision of a multidisciplinary team of clinicians
Why do it?
- An opportunity to play a key role in an innovative program that is leading the change in healthcare in the region to improve access to care and help avoid unnecessary hospitalizations and ED visits.
- Be a part of one of the largest healthcare organization in NY State. Opportunity to teach residents and medical students with a faculty position in Hofstra School of Medicine available.
- Highly competitive salary, with an excellent comprehensive benefits package,
- Reimbursement for conferences, CME, as well as advanced education including MBA.
For further information please contact the Office of Physician Recruitment at OPR@northwell.edu
Click here for details (takes you to another website): https://www.nejmcareercenter.org/apply/203745/innovative-open-access-psychiatrist-position-/?TrackID=73800&utm_source=medstro&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=medstro&s=medstro.com&referrer=medstro.com&referer=medstro.com