- Traditional Physician Job
Emergency Medicine Chief of Service – Vice Chair, Long Island Jewish Medical Center (LIJ)
Are you made for leading an innovative ED?
The Northwell Health LIJ Emergency Medicine Department seeks a collaborative and inspirational physician leader to serve as its next Chief of Service Vice Chair. The Chief of Service Vice Chair will have the opportunity to advance an expanding and diverse academic tertiary site in the growth of its operational efficiencies, patient-centered care and clinical oversight of the ED.
About the ED:
- Part of the multi-site campus of Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- 452-Bed Teaching Hospital
- 60-Bed ED treating nearly 100,000 patients/year
- MD coverage: 141 hours/day
- ACP coverage: 103 hours/day
- ED Observation Unit
- 24-Hour Cath Lab
- Social work/case management – 16 hours/day
- Split flow model of department throughput
- Pediatric ED under Cohen Children’s Medical Center (no Pediatric volume at LIJ)
- Several ED residency and fellowship programs
Fully staffed with an exceptional team of ABEM/ABOEM BP/BC Physicians and experienced PAs and NPs
Long Island Jewish Medical Center is located in New Hyde Park, New York which is 15 miles east of Manhattan on the border of Queens and Nassau Counties. New Hyde Park is conveniently located centrally between the north and south shores of Long Island and offers access to some of the best school districts, shopping, restaurants, and transportation. The area offers the option of either a city or suburban lifestyle.
Contact Office of Physician Recruitment: OPR@northwell.edu
We are an Equal Opportunity/AA Employer: F/M/Disability/Vet
Click here for details (takes you to another website): https://www.nejmcareercenter.org/apply/217055/emergency-medicine-chief-of-service-vice-chair-long-island-jewish-medical-center-lij-/?TrackID=73800&utm_source=medstro&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=medstro&s=medstro.com&referrer=medstro.com&referer=medstro.com
- Emergency Medicine