Research in medical education
Job: Research opportunity to help create a “level playing field’ in medical school admissions
The MSAG (Medical School Application Guide) – www.theMSAG.com
The MSAG provides a comprehensive free online guidebook and a complete range of services to help students through the medical school application process worldwide. The free information helps applicants from all backgrounds have access to the same high standard of help and advice.
You will work under the research and development manager to help compile up to date information on selection processes of medical schools worldwide. The majority of the work involves internet research, but may include some phone calls. This position requires a good writing style in English. This opportunity will build your CV, provide you with training in many areas and give you lucrative options as a medical student and a junior doctor.
Summary of role
• Research and verify admissions criteria, selection formula and other admissions relevant information (interview criteria, scoring, questions, etc.) for given medical schools.
• The scope of the work includes English speaking medical schools throughout the world
• Be able to work within a team of others with similar responsibilities and collaborate on the research.
• Most of the research is via the internet and you will be expected to write your finding in a word document and upload it to the company’s drop box
The minimum qualification required for this position is to be a current or previous medical student. The majority of the team is composed of junior doctors. Someone with an interest in education is preferred.
• This is a part time or full time position. We can accommodate for people willing to work between 8 hours per week to 40 hours per week. The hours that you work and when you work is flexible. The work assigned will be per week.
Pay and Opportunities
• The pay will vary between 15 to 20 pounds (20 to 30 USD) per school researched.
• Candidates who have integrated well in the team over the next few months can get involved into our more lucrative services such as personal statement review, interview course prep, etc.
• You will be given training for these and the opportunity to evolve your role within the company.
• Many of the research will be compiled and published. You will be recognized in these publication as a contributing author.
• If you complete the research fully for one country, you will be listed as the main author for that country.
How to apply
You can read more about the current members of our team at: themsag.com/about-us/about-the...
If you are interest in joining our team, or for any informal enquiries, please send your CV with a letter of motivation to email@example.com
The deadline for application for this cycle of recruitment is 20th June 2016. We will be interviewing applicants as they apply, thus the position may fill early. We can recruit up to 5 applicants this month.