HOSPITALIST – Western Mountains of Virginia! Seeking additional Hospitalist to join established Hospitalist program staff. ABTNVAHosp14
· Currently there is one physician and NP Nocturnist that work 7 on / 7 off schedule.
· Rotation is Monday 8am to the following Monday 8am. Provider is expected to be in the facility from 8am – 8pm daily and NP handles 8pm – 8am shift.
· Provider provides telephonic coverage during the night. If there is ICU admission, the ED provider will call physician directly to discuss the case. Physician then determines if he/she needs to come in and/or follow up by phone with the NP. Physician is expected to come in for emergent cases at night.
· Physician will need to live within 20 minutes from hospital.
· Airway management is required. Procedures: intubations, airway passage, respond to codes. Thoracentesis is also a need.
· Average census: 12. Average 3-6 admissions per day. Average 1-3 admissions per night.
· All consults available including: general surgery, cardiology, ENT, urology, ObGyn.
· Hospital is 100+ bed full service hospital. Fully equipped and staffed including EPIC EMR, EM services, FT radiology (nighthawk on nights/weekends), and 40+ bed long term care unit / skilled nursing unit. 6 bed ICU (no step down unit.)
· Competitive salary. Possible sign on bonus / loan reimbursement.
· Comprehensive benefits include: health, dental, retirement, dues/fees, relocation, CME, etc.
· H1-B candidates welcome to apply. Sorry, not eligible area for J-1 candidates.
· Area: You will enjoy living in this mountain community. There is a plethora of outdoor activities and spectacular views.
Email CV to Andrea for consideration: Andrea@BerendtMedical.com or Call Physician Services: 888-273-4628.
- Internal Medicine