- Traditional Physician Job
Permanent Cardiology (Non-Invasive) Position in Augusta, GA
(Physician/MD qualifications required) Cardiology (Non-Invasive) - This East GA Hospital in Augusta, GA is recruiting a board certified|board eligible Non-invasive Cardiologist with a firm knowledge and skill set in the diagnosing and treating of cardiovascular disease.
The Hospital is a 581-bed community facility specializing in adult care across two campuses and with multiple cardiology clinics throughout Richmond and Columbia Counties in the Augusta area. Due to access, we are expanding general cardiology to incorporate a 40 to 50-mile footprint in South Carolina.
The Cardiologist selected will have a complement of an advanced practice providers, as well as a team of nursing professionals. Mobile cardiac diagnostics will be provided. Inpatient rounding assignment is every fifth week with on call assignment of 1:10.
Staffing Currently there are twenty-five cardiologists who support Interventional Cardiology, Structural Heart, Electrophysiology and Advanced Congestive Heart Failure with a full complement of fourteen Advanced Practice Providers.
Role and Non-invasive Cardiology role and responsibility will be the
· Provides excellent cardiovascular care in the outpatient and inpatient settings.
· Management of chronic cardiovascular diseases including ordering appropriate imaging or lab tests and recommending treatment plans as indicated by patients clinical needs.
· Able to perform accurate interpretation of lab tests, EKG, chest x-rays and echocardiograms.
· Coordination of care with hospitalists, primary care physicians, cardiology colleagues and other specialty physicians regarding day-to-day clinic operations and participates in meetings for risk and quality management as well as improving clinical quality, efficiency, and patient satisfaction.
· Graduate of an accredited school of medicine
· Completion of a cardiac imaging fellowship with Board certification in Echo
· Expertise needed in cardiac CT and cardiac MR (MRAs)
Base compensation competitive with MGMA median.
Benefit Current contracts Insurance; Group plan options for medical|dental|vision|disability|life. Liability insurance for professional practice provided.
Retirement 403(b) retirement account, with additional matching by employer; 457 retirement vehicle available for tax deferred retirement planning.
Allowances for CME, professional membership, publications, and recertification preparation provided.
AugustaRichmond County is a consolidated city-county municipality, located at the fall line of the Savannah River. According to 2012 US Census estimates, the Augusta-Richmond County population was 197,872. Augusta is the principal city of the Augusta-Richmond County Metropolitan Statistical Area, which as of 2012 had an estimated population of 580,270, making it the third-largest city and the second-largest metro area in the state after Atlanta. It is the 116th-largest city in the United States. Augusta, GA was named the Most Neighborly city in America by Southern Living Magazine. Columbia County is one of the fastest growing counties in the United States and Evans, GA was named Money Magazines Best Place to Live in America. Internationally, Augusta is best known for hosting The Masters golf tournament each spring.
For more information, please contact
Email us for details: email@example.com
- Internal Medicine - Cardiovascular Disease
- Primary Care
- Bill Frey