1. Physicians burn out when our professional, family, and personal lives are at odds with each other. We need to stay CONNECTED with our values, colleagues, and families.
2. Joy seeps out of our work when we feel powerless in the face of systemic obstacles to high quality patient care. We need to become health care LEADERS and agents of change.
3. Caregivers give up when we give more to others than we give to ourselves. We need reminders to generate SELF-CARE moment-to-moment.
4. These prerequisites for the joy of medicine may be met by fostering a community of Mindful Physician Leaders. Physicians who share these values are encouraged to form Mindful Physician Leaders Groups (MPLGs) to bring mindfulness practice and philosophy into physicians' personal lives and organizations. By promoting authenticity, self-care, peer support, and leadership, MPLGs will keep us connected with the joy of practicing medicine, help us develop our visions, and implement our solutions.
How do we score?
Average Judge Score
11 judges have scored this entry. The highest possible score is 5 .3.0
We divide the average judge score with the maximum score possible and add 1 to create a multiplier.1.6
We apply the judge multiplier to the total number of crowd votes.16.0
- Invite Awaiting Confirmation Vote Voting has ended