According to WHO, nowadays there are 415 million diabetic people in the world. This number will reach 642 million in 2040. One of every four patients with diabetes depends on insulin injections daily, and Type 2 and gestational diabetics depend on it sporadically.
Main problems which are faced by a person with diabetes in his day to day are the monitoring and the adherence to insulin treatment, which can lead problems as grave as vision loss, as retinopathy, non-traumatic amputations or even death. The fact that treatment adherence is currently in about 64 percent, is a problem that we can eradicate.
INSULCLOCK is an Insulcloud S.L. project. Insulcloud is a pharmaceutical technology-based startup pioneering in developing next-generation devices for monitoring chronical diseases. The first developed system is INSULCLOCK, which allows insulin-dependent diabetes patients having a perfect monitoring of insulin administering.
INSULCLOCK transforms the insulin administering pen into a smartpen, taking advantage of the insulin administering moment and automating data entry by interconnecting medicament administering and digital wide world of smartphones, PC’s, tablets and cloud.
INSULCLOCK IS NOT AN APP, it is a system composed by a device that uses an app to communicate all the information, so it is rising above all APPs of market, because the information is communicated at the same time of medicine administering. It is a data center, never created in market yet, capable of:
• Monitoring the treatment administering (doses, types, schedules).
• Saving your glucose levels * (* manually now)
• Ensure the maintenance of insulin properties.
• Generating alarms to avoid mistakes, forgetfulness, overdoses, which lead to hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia that seriously affect patient's health and quality of life.
• Drafting the diabetic diary automatically and with total fidelity to what is really happening with the administering of the treatment.
• Generating Excel and PDF reports with the medical history of medication administering.
• Involving tutor(s) to be informed of patient evolution, warning them if patient has injected himself the insulin, when it has been injected, how many doses, what type of insulin, storage temperatures, etc. Issuing alarms and emails to alert tutor of forgetfulness, inappropriate doses, error with insulin types, infra or over-temperature conservation, etc.
• Establishing a direct communication with our endocrine physician.
So far, several alarms and gadgets have been created, which have tried to ease control and management of the insulin administering to the patient, although with very limited results, since none of them automatically monitor the use of the insulin pen 24/7, neither do they monitor temperature, nor generate reports or send data to the Cloud to be consulted by users, caregivers, Tutors or doctors.
After eight years of constant investigation, INSULCLOCK finds itself in the last development phase and in its market launch phase in Spain, Europe and USA. Furthermore, INSULCLOCK possess a National Patent, a Community Design, a European Patent and a PCT. Once diabetic patients demand has been satisfied, INSULCLOUD will address other collectives which need treatments with daily injections and which need to lead a strict medication administering monitoring, such as multiple sclerosis, growth hormone or infertility, among others.
Since INSULCLOCK has started this exciting way at the end of 2014, has received support and recognition from several entities and has succeeded lots of milestones and even has achieved numerous awards from business and entrepreneur world. Among other: Phase1 HORIZON 2020 SME Instrument (Mar 2015); Phase2 HORIZON 2020 SME Instrument (Jul 2016); ENISA LOAN (Dec 2016); NEOTEC (Feb 2017); Innovative SME Seal from Spanish Ministry of Industria (Jul 2017).
Easy one-click social registrationORRegister via email
Send me updates on this Contest
You only need to register once.